You and your adult child must be at least 18 years of age to create an account on Arrangd and use our Service. By creating an account and using our Service, you represent and warrant that: you can form a binding contract with Arrangd, you and your adulted child are not barred from using our Service under the laws of the United States or any other applicable jurisdiction–meaning that you do not appear on the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or face any other similar prohibition, you will comply with this Agreement and all applicable local, state, national and international laws, rules and regulations, and you and your adult child have never been convicted of a felony and that you are not required to register as a sex offender with any state, federal or local sex offender registry.
Confirmation of approval of adult child to use Service
Modifying our Service and termination
Arrangd is always striving to improve our Service and bring you additional functionality that you will find engaging and useful. This means that we may add new product features or enhancements from time to time as well as remove some features, and if these actions do not materially affect your rights or obligations, we may not provide you with notice before taking them. We may even suspend our Service entirely, in which event we will notify you in advance unless extenuating circumstances, such as safety or security concerns, prevent us from doing so.
You may terminate your account at any time, for any reason, by following the instructions in “Settings” in our Service, however you will need to manage your in-app purchases through your mobile device platform (e.g., iTunes, Google Play). Arrangd may terminate your account at any time without notice if it believes that you have violated this Agreement. Upon such termination, you will not be entitled to any refund for purchases. After your account is terminated, this Agreement will terminate, except that the following provisions will still apply to you and Arrangd: “Modifying our Service and Termination,” “Safety and Your Interactions with Other Users,” “Disclaimers,” “Third Party Services,” “Limitation of Liability,” “Arbitration, Class-Action Waiver, and Jury Waiver,” “Governing Law,” “Venue,” “Indemnity by You,” and “Entire Agreement; Other.”
Use of our Service
You agree that you will only use our Service, including posting content through our Service, in a manner consistent with this Agreement and any and all applicable local, state, national, and international laws and regulations, including, but not limited to, United States laws. Use of our Service is void where prohibited.
You will not include any telephone numbers, street addresses, URLs, multimedia, artworks downloaded from external sources, email addresses or any other contact information in your profile or in any other publicly viewable User Content or other communications made in connection with your use of our Service. Additionally, you will not include your last name in your dating profile. You understand and agree that anyone may be able to view any information you choose to make publically available.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your login credentials you use to sign up for Arrangd, and you are solely responsible for all activities that occur under those credentials. You agree to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. You agree that you will not use the account, profile, username or password of another user, and to use caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer. If you think someone has gained access to your account, you agree to immediately contact firstname.lastname@example.org. You acknowledge that Arrangd is not responsible for any loss or damage arising from the theft or misappropriation of your username, password, or other account information. We recommend you use a strong password, never use the same password on multiple sites, and change your password frequently.
Exclusive use and no commercial solicitation or advertising
You will not use our Service in connection with any commercial endeavors. You will not engage in any advertising or solicitation to buy or sell any products or services through the use of our Service and you will not transmit any chain letters, junk or spam email to other users. Additionally, you will not use any information obtained from our Service in order to contact, advertise to, solicit or sell to any user without their prior explicit consent.
Safety and your interactions with other users
Although Arrangd strives to encourage a respectful user experience through features like the double opt-in that only allows users to communicate if they have both indicated interest in one another, Arrangd is not responsible for the conduct of any user on or off of our Service. You assume all risk when using our Service, including, but not limited to all risks associated with online or offline interactions with others, including dating. There is no substitute for acting with caution when communicating with anyone who wants to meet you. You agree to take all necessary precautions in all interactions with other users, particularly if you decide to communicate off our Service or meet in person. In addition, you agree to follow safer dating practices, such as not providing your last name, home address, place of work, financial information (such as your credit card number or your bank account number) or other identifying information to other users and stopping all communications with anyone who pressures you for personal or financial information or attempts in any way to trick you into revealing it. You agree to treat all other users with dignity and respect and comply with our user conduct rules
YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER USERS. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT ARRANGD DOES NOT ROUTINELY SCREEN ITS USERS, CONDUCT CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS ON ITS USERS, OTHERWISE INQUIRE INTO THE BACKGROUND OF ITS USERS, OR ATTEMPT TO VERIFY INFORMATION PROVIDED BY ITS USERS. ARRANGD IS UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO CONDUCT ANY SUCH INVESTIGATIONS. ARRANGD MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE CONDUCT OF USERS, INFORMATION PROVIDED BY USERS, OR THEIR COMPATIBILITY WITH YOU. HOWEVER, ARRANGD RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CONDUCT ANY CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK OR OTHER SCREENINGS (SUCH AS SEX OFFENDER REGISTER SEARCHES) AT ANY TIME USING AVAILABLE PUBLIC RECORDS. You acknowledge that not all users are available for matching and that Arrangd may create test profiles or accounts to monitor the operation of our Service.
You acknowledge that not all users are available for matching and that Arrangd may create test profiles or accounts to monitor the operation of our Service.
Arrangd is not responsible in any way for the conduct of any user, whether or not such conduct is in conjunction with the use of our Service. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU USE OUR SERVICE AT YOUR OWN RISK. By using our Service, you agree that you will not:
- use our Service for any purpose that is illegal or prohibited by this Agreement;
- use our Service in any manner that is harmful to or violates the rights of others;
- bully, “stalk,” threaten, intimidate, harass or defame any person;
- post any content that constitutes hate speech, or is threatening, obscene, predatory, sexually explicit or pornographic, incites violence, or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence;
- spam, solicit money from, defraud, swindle, or deceive any users;
- post any content that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- impersonate any person or entity or post any images of another person without his or her permission;
- misrepresent your age, identity, affiliation, connection or association with any person or entity;
- disseminate another person’s personal information without his or her permission;
- solicit passwords for any purpose, or solicit personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users or disseminate another person’s personal information without his or her permission;
- use another user’s account;
- post any content that violates or infringes anyone’s rights, including rights of publicity, privacy, copyright, trademark or other intellectual property or contract right;
- collect or solicit personal information about anyone under 18;
- use our service for any phishing, trolling, or similar activities;
- harvest or collect email addresses or other contact information of other users from our Service by electronic or other means or use our Service to send, either directly or indirectly, any unsolicited bulk e-mail or communications, unsolicited commercial e-mail or communications or other spamming or spimming activities;
- use our Service to redirect users to other sites or encourage users to visit other sites;
- create another account if we have terminated your account, unless you have our permission to do so;
- use our Service or any content contained in our Service for any commercial purposes or to promote or solicit involvement in or support of a political platform, religion, cult, or sect, without our written consent to do so;
- copy, modify, transmit, create any derivative works from, make use of, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, images, trademarks, trade names, service marks, or other intellectual property, content or proprietary information accessible through our Service without our prior written consent;
- express or imply that any statements you make are endorsed by Arrangd;
- use any robot, bot, spider, crawler, scraper, site search/retrieval application, proxy or other manual or automatic device, method or process to access, retrieve, index, “data mine,” or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of our Service or its contents;
- use our Service in any way that could interfere with, disrupt or negatively affect our Service or the servers or networks connected to our Service;
- upload viruses or other malicious code or otherwise compromise the security of our Service;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any information transmitted to or through our Service;
- “frame” or “mirror” any part of our Service without Arrangd’s prior written authorization;
- use meta tags or code or other devices containing any reference to Arrangd or our Service (or any trademark, trade name, service mark, logo or slogan of Arrangd) to direct any person to any other website for any purpose;
- modify, adapt, sublicense, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decipher, decompile or otherwise disassemble any portion of our Service, or cause others to do so;
- use or develop any third-party applications that interact with our Service or other users’ Content or information without our written consent;
- use, access, or publish the Arrangd application programming interface without our written consent;
- probe, scan or test the vulnerability of our Service or any system or network;
- encourage or promote any activity that violates this Agreement; or
- permit or allow other people or third parties to access and use our service via your account.
You understand and agree that if Arrangd believes in its sole discretion that you have violated the terms of this Agreement, misused our Service or behaved in a way that could be regarded as inappropriate, unlawful, illegal or unsafe, including actions or communications that occur off our Service but involve users you meet through our Service, Arrangd may, among other things, investigate, take legal action against you and/or terminate your account and cancel your subscription and/or membership
If you wish to report any violation of this Agreement by others, including Members, you may do so by using the "Report This Profile" button or similar button or link on our Service or by contacting us at email@example.com.
You agree that all information that you submit upon creation of your account, including information submitted from your Facebook or Google account, is accurate and truthful and you have the right to post the Content on our Service and grant the license to Arrangd below.
You understand and agree that we may monitor or review any Content you post as part of a Service. We may delete any Content, in whole or in part, that in our sole judgment violates this Agreement or may harm the reputation of our Service.
When communicating with our customer care representatives, you agree to be respectful and kind. If we feel that your behavior towards any of our customer care representatives or other employees is at any time threatening or offensive, we reserve the right to immediately terminate your account.
In consideration for Arrangd allowing you to use our Service, you agree that we, our affiliates, and our third-party partners may place advertising on our Service. By submitting suggestions or feedback to Arrangd regarding our Service, you agree that Arrangd may use and share such feedback for any purpose without compensating you.
You agree that Arrangd may access, preserve and disclose your account information and content if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access, preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary, such as to: (i) comply with legal process; (ii) enforce this Agreement; (iii) respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third parties; (iv) respond to your requests for customer service; or (v) protect the rights, property or personal safety of the company or any other person.
Although Arrangd reserves the right to review and remove Content, including without limitation messages, data, text, photos, video, music, graphics, links or other materials posted through chat messages, community pages, email messages, mobile messages, photos and profile information (your submissions and those of other users, collectively, that violates this Agreement, such Content is the sole responsibility of the user who posts it, and Arrangd cannot guarantee that all Content will comply with this Agreement. Arrangd does not control, take responsibility for or assume liability for any User Content posted by you or any third party, or for any loss or damage thereto, nor is Arrangd liable for any mistakes, defamation, slander, libel, omissions, falsehoods, obscenity, pornography or profanity you encounter. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR USE OF OUR SERVICES AND YOU USE THEM AT YOUR OWN RISK.
If you see Content on our Service that violates this Agreement, please report it within our Service or via firstname.lastname@example.org
Intellectual property rights and limited license
By creating an account, you grant to Arrangd a worldwide, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, right and license to host, store, use, copy, display, reproduce, adapt, edit, publish, modify and distribute information you authorize us to access from third-party social networks, as well as any information you post, upload, display or otherwise make available (collectively, “post”) on our Service or transmit to other users (collectively, “Content”). Our license to your Content is subject to your rights under applicable law (for example laws regarding personal data protection to the extent any Content contains personal information as defined by those laws) and is for the limited purpose of operating, developing, providing, and improving our Service and researching and developing new ones. You agree that any Content you place or that you authorize us to place on our Service may be viewed by other users and may be viewed by any person visiting or participating in our Service (such as individuals who may receive shared Content from other Arrangd users).
Our Service and all materials therein or transferred thereby, including, without limitation, software, images, text, graphics, designs, illustrations, Arrangd logos, patents, trademarks, service marks, copyrights, photographs, audio, videos, music, information, data, other files and the arrangement thereof and User Content belonging to other users (the “Proprietary Materials”), and all intellectual property rights related thereto, are the exclusive property of Arrangd and its licensors (including other users who post User Content to our Service). Except as explicitly provided herein, nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed to create a license in or under any such intellectual property rights of Arrangd.
You are granted a limited, non-sublicensable license to access and use our Service, subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. You agree that you will not (i) copy, modify, publish, adapt, sublicense, translate, sell, distribute, transmit, perform, display, reverse engineer, decipher, decompile or otherwise disassemble any portion of the Proprietary Materials or our Service or cause others to do so; (ii) "frame" or "mirror" any part of our Service, without our prior written authorization; (iii) use meta tags or code or other devices containing any reference to Arrangd or our Service in order to direct any person to any other website for any purpose; (iv) resell or make any commercial use of our Service; (v) use any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering or extraction methods or otherwise collect any pictures, descriptions, data or other content from our Service; (vi) forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any information transmitted through our Service; (vii) use any automated methods or processes to create user accounts or access our Service; (viii) use the Proprietary Materials or our Service other than for their intended purpose; or violate any section of this agreement in any way. Any use of our Service or Proprietary Materials other than as expressly authorized herein, without the prior written consent of Arrangd, is strictly prohibited and will violate and terminate the license granted herein. Such unauthorized use may also violate applicable laws, including without limitation copyright and trademark laws and applicable communications regulations and statutes. Unless explicitly stated herein, nothing in this Agreement shall be construed as conferring any license to intellectual property rights, whether by estoppel, implication or otherwise. Arrangd reserves all rights not expressly granted herein in our Service and the Proprietary Materials. This license is revocable at any time.
Intellectual property rights
If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that your work has been copied and posted on our Service in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you may submit a notification of infringement pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") by providing our Copyright Agent with the following information: (i) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; (ii) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; (iii) a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on our website (please include URLs to help us identify the material); (iv) your address, telephone number, and email address; (v) a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (vi) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf. Arrangd’s designated Copyright Agent to receive notifications of claimed infringement is:
12657 Stanwood Drive
Los Angeles, CA, 90066, USA
UNDER FEDERAL LAW, IF YOU KNOWINGLY MISREPRESENT THAT ONLINE MATERIAL IS INFRINGING, YOU MAY BE SUBJECT TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION FOR PERJURY AND CIVIL PENALTIES, INCLUDING MONETARY DAMAGES, COURT COSTS, AND ATTORNEYS’ FEES.
The preceding requirements are intended to comply with Arrangd’s rights and obligations under the DMCA, including 17 U.S.C. §512(c), but do not constitute legal advice. It may be advisable to contact an attorney regarding your rights and obligations under the DMCA and other applicable laws.
Arrangd reserves the right to terminate, in-appropriate circumstances and in its sole discretion, users who are deemed to be repeat infringers. Arrangd may also, in its sole discretion, limit access to our Service and/or terminate the accounts of any users who infringes any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement.
In-app Purchases: From time to time, Arrangd may offer products and services for purchase (“in-app purchases”) through iTunes, Google Play or other application platforms authorized by Arrangd (each, a “Software Store”). If you choose to make an in-app purchase, you will be prompted to enter details for your account with your Software Store (“your IAP Account”), and your IAP Account will be charged for the in-app purchase in accordance with the terms disclosed to you at the time of purchase as well as the general terms for in-app purchases that apply to your IAP Account. Some Software Stores may charge you sales tax, depending on where you live. If you purchase an auto-recurring periodic subscription through an in-app purchase, your IAP Account will be billed continuously for the subscription until you cancel. After your initial subscription commitment period, and again after any subsequent subscription period, your subscription will automatically continue for an additional equivalent period, at the price you agreed to when subscribing. If you do not wish your subscription to renew automatically, or if you want to change or terminate your subscription, you will need to log in to your IAP account and follow instructions to cancel your subscription, even if you have otherwise deleted your account with us or the Arrangd application from your device.
ARRANGD PROVIDES OUR SERVICE ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, GRANTS NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE WITH RESPECT TO OUR SERVICE (INCLUDING ALL CONTENT CONTAINED THEREIN), INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. ARRANGD DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT (A) OUR SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE OR ERROR FREE, (B) ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS IN OUR SERVICE WILL BE CORRECTED, OR (C) THAT ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION YOU OBTAIN ON OR THROUGH OUR SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE.
ARRANGD TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY CONTENT THAT YOU OR ANOTHER USERS OR THIRD PARTIES POST, SEND OR RECEIVE THROUGH OUR SERVICE. ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF OUR SERVICE IS ACCESSED AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK.
Third party services
Our Service may contain advertisements and promotions offered by third parties and links to other web sites or resources. Arangd is not responsible for the availability (or lack of availability) of such external websites or resources. If you choose to interact with the third parties made available through our Service, such party’s terms will govern its relationship with you. Arrangd is not responsible or liable for such third parties’ terms or actions.
Limitation of liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL ARRANGD, ITS AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES, LICENSORS OR SERVICE PROVIDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF PROFITS, WHETHER INCURRED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, OR ANY LOSS OF DATA, USE, GOODWILL, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, RESULTING FROM: (I) YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE OUR SERVICES, (II) THE CONDUCT OR CONTENT OF OTHER USERS OR THIRD PARTIES ON, THROUGH, OR FOLLOWING USE OF OUR SERVICES; OR (III) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, USE OR ALTERATION OF YOUR CONTENT, EVEN IF ARRANGD HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT WILL ARRANGD’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL CLAIMS RELATING TO OUR SERVICE EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO ARRANGD FOR OUR SERVICE WHILE YOU HAVE AN ACCOUNT.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES, SO SOME OR ALL OF THE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS IN THIS SECTION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Arbitration, class-action waiver, and jury waiver
Except for users residing within the EU or European Economic Area and elsewhere where prohibited by applicable law:
1. The exclusive means of resolving any dispute or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement (including any alleged breach thereof) or our Service shall be BINDING ARBITRATION administered by the American Arbitration Association under the Consumer Arbitration Rules. You may not under any circumstances, and your use of the Service constitutes your complete waiver of your right to, commence or maintain against the Company any class action, class arbitration, or other representative action or proceeding.
2. By using our Service in any manner, you agree to the above arbitration agreement. In doing so, YOU GIVE UP YOUR RIGHT TO GO TO COURT to assert or defend any claims between you and the Company. YOU ALSO GIVE UP YOUR RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION OR OTHER CLASS PROCEEDING. Your rights will be determined by a NEUTRAL ARBITRATOR, NOT A JUDGE OR JURY, and the arbitrator shall determine all issues regarding the arbitrability of the dispute. You are entitled to a fair hearing before the arbitrator. The arbitrator can grant any relief that a court can, but you should note that arbitration proceedings are usually simpler and more streamlined than trials and other judicial proceedings. Decisions by the arbitrator are enforceable in court and may only be overturned by a court only for very limited reasons.
3. Any proceeding to enforce this arbitration agreement, including any proceeding to confirm, modify, or vacate an arbitration award, may be commenced in any court of competent jurisdiction. In the event that this arbitration agreement is for any reason held to be unenforceable, any litigation against the Company may be commenced only in the federal or state courts located in Los Angeles County, California. You hereby irrevocably consent to the jurisdiction of those courts for such purposes.
4. This Agreement, and any dispute between you and the Company, shall be governed by the laws of the state of California without regard to principles of conflicts of law, provided that this arbitration agreement shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act.
5. The online dispute settlement platform of the European Commission is available under http://ec.europa.eu/odr. Arrangd does not take part in dispute settlement procedures in front of a consumer arbitration entity for users residing in the EU or European Economic Area.
For users residing in the EU or European Economic Area or elsewhere where our arbitration agreement is prohibited by law, the laws of California, U.S.A., excluding California’s conflict of laws rules, will apply to any disputes arising out of or relating to this Agreement or our Service. For the avoidance of doubt, the choice of California governing law shall not supersede any mandatory consumer protection legislation in such jurisdictions.
Except for users residing in the EU or European Economic Area, who may bring claims in their country of residence in accordance with applicable law, all claims arising out of or relating to this Agreement or our Service will be litigated exclusively in the federal or state courts of California, U.S.A., and you and Arrangd consent to personal jurisdiction in those courts.
Indemnity by you
You agree, to the extent permitted under applicable law, to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Arrangd, our affiliates, and their and our respective officers, directors, agents, and employees from and against any and all complaints, demands, claims, damages, losses, costs, liabilities and expenses, including attorney’s fees, due to, arising out of, or relating in any way to your access to or use of our Service, your Content, or your breach of this Agreement.